Our new courses starting 2 November will focus on Social Dance Skills. These 6-week courses will give you the confidence to enjoy social dance events even more.
There are a number of activities that happen at swing dance events that are a lot of fun. You may feel comfortable with some of the activities such as dancing with people you know. You may feel excited or too scared to jump into a jam when it happens.
By building your skils, you will have more choice about which activities you can take part in.
The activities that we will be focusing on for this course will include the skills and confidence to:
· Dance solo, as partners and in a group
· Take part in birthday jams and jam circles
· Improvise to different music tracks
Do you want to be confident with all of this and more?
Get yourself back into the swing of things for the social dancing come back with our next course which starts 2 November. Click here to book your spot.
· 19:30 -20:15 Social dance skills for all levels
· 20:15-21:00 Practise a performance routine
· If you want to enjoy social dancing and build the confidence to dance with anyone to any music then join us from 19:30 -20:15 for the Social dance skills session
· If you have some experience of the Jitterbug Stroll, Tranky Doo, Big Apple or Mama Stew but your memory of some of the moves or some of the sections is a bit inconsistent, then join us from 20:15-21:00 Practise a performance routine
Do email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Here are some questions and answers which we hope you find helpful.
Qs 1 - Are your lessons going to be face to face?
Ans - The Wednesday classes are face to face at St Aidan's Church Hall, Durham DH1 5BL
Qs 2 - Do I have to bring a partner, or can I come as a solo dancer?
Ans - You can come on your own, come with friends or bring a partner
Qs 3 - Can you drop into classes or do you have to block book them?
Ans - The classes are designed to make a real difference to your skills and confidence in social dancing. Therefore, attending the classes as part of a progressive course will help you to enjoy the experience more.
Qs 4 - What happens if you miss a week?
Ans - The course gives you much more than an hour's class. In addition to step-by-step tuition each week, you will get access to videos of the lesson material so that you can practise in between the classes as well as catch up with any lessons you may miss. All course members will also be added to a Messenger group so that you can ask questions or get help with the moves you're practising. You can choose to get as much or as little as you want from this course.
Qs 5 - How many courses are being offered?
Ans - Two courses. Tuesday classes will be on Zoom
Wednesday classes will be at St Aidan's Church Hall DH1 5BL
Click here to book your spot in our adult dance classes.